Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage?
Many people have been asking me the questions, is there any real benefit of deep tissue massage and what are they? As a practicing Sports Therapist I have seen first hand the many benefits of deep tissue massage, below are 5 of the best ones:
- It Enhances Circulation, allowing vital nutrients and energy to the muscle. It assists in the removal of waste products like lactic acid to help the rate of recovery.
- Increases flexibility and tissue elasticity of the muscle group as well as the connective tissue around the muscles. This releases any tension within the muscle.
- Removal of scar tissue from previous injuries which might be inflexible and help prevent a reoccurring injury.
- Reduce pain by removing tension and waste products which can pain and encourage the release of endorphins.
- Relaxation and reduction in anxiety is caused as a therapeutic effect of the massage.